Fun, Inspiring Facts about Laura:
- Favorite Foods:
- Sushi, caviar, sable and smoked whitefish salad
- Favorite Quote:
- Don’t have a favorite quote
- Greatest Wellness Accomplishment:
- Using Neuromuscular therapy and craniosacral therapy to straighten out a clients back from scholiosis. She had rounded shoulders and lower back pain. Over a two year period she was diligent in doing her exercises designed by Kelly and coming to see me on a weekly and biweekly basis. Her lower back pain is gone, her curvature of her posture is reduced to almost nothing and she is standing taller. She is definitely happier.
- Who Inspires My Wellness:
- Pema Chodron, Carolyn Myss, Louise Hay and Pilates inspires my wellness.
- Favorite Movie:
- Hard to say — The Imposters
- Family Life:
- 3 children — my oldest son is 22 and moving to Los Angeles to work, my daughter will be 20 this summer and presently at U of M. My youngest son is 13 and is in seventh grade. Also, we have a dog named Piper we got through the rescue society. He is a shetland, border collie mix.
After half a lifetime of dance, yoga and Pilates and personally benefiting from massage therapy, Laura graduated from Irene’s Myomassology Institute in 2002. She combines the modalities of Swedish relaxation, myofascial release, Shiattsu and Cranio Sacral. Laura tries to intuitively tailor each massage to combine therapy with a healing relaxation touch. She enjoys listening to each individual’s needs and wants, respecting each person’s preference for the type of work needed and facilitating wellness.